Security officers, also called as security guards, are in responsible for patrolling the premises of an organization and identifying illegal or suspicious activity. They work to prevent the occurrence of crimes against people and their property by patrolling a designated area and keeping an eye out for such things as robberies, assaults, and vandalism. The ideal candidate is also expected to execute hourly surveillance of grounds and personnel to ensure public safety.
Recruitment is currently ongoing for qualified and suitable securities officers who love utilizing excellent communication and multitasking skills to surpass expectations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises.
- Answering of phones, monitored closed circuit television systems, and alarms.
- Handling of security issues and/or emergency situations appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Take care of suspicious activity at properties with recent reports of vandalism and thief by increasing frequency of patrols and communication with supervisors.
- Improve productivity by ensuring new guards understand all post order procedures and responding to client special request promptly.
- Report safety issues, such as fire hazards, vandalism and suspicious or criminal activity
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILL
- Emotional intelligence and good character judgment
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess your own behavior, while also paying attention to employees, patrons and visitors
- Listening skills
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Willingness to learn and enforce safety procedures
- Comfort with directing people or taking up leadership responsibilities
- Attention to detail
- Ability to operate emergency equipment and detection devices
- Fully licensed by the state